deflate()

Hans Hagen pragma at wxs.nl
Mon Dec 14 09:02:33 CET 1998

Royster, David wrote:

> Error: pdftex:
> deflate( ) failed
> C:\texmf\miktex\bin\pdftex.exe: No error

I got that one a few times too, but could not yet trace the problem down
completely. It happened to some eps files I converted to pdf using
distiller. These were the only eps files with previews, and thereby had
some funny garbage lines after the pdf 1.2 header line. Rather fuzzy.
The zipped streams look ok to me.

> Is this a pdftex problem, or an implementation problem? I do not have
> another system yet set up on which I could try to process the file.

It's a xpdf tex problem I guess.

Hans

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
    tel: 038 477 53 69 | fax: 038 477 53 74 | mail: pragma at wxs.nl