page size / position

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Tue Dec 1 16:55:47 CET 1998

> I fear that in the pdf(tex) environment mag does not make that much
> sense anymore -)
> if only because there are too many positiona/dimensional thing taken
> care of outside the tex engine, i.e. in pdfliterals, images, annotations
> etc.

OK, but I have a page layout designed for a printed book, and I want
to make the on-line version 20% larger (to fill an A4 page and make
reader's life easier if they want to print it).  How do you suggest
this should be done?  _I_ think pdftex should have a magnification
parameter in pdftex.cfg and use true sizes for the page size, but that is not
how I am able to do it.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk