Shuffle pages, etc.

W. R. Smith support at mathtrek.com
Tue Dec 1 08:27:19 CET 1998

At 10:29 AM 12/1/98 +0000, SEAN CORMAC MC CARTHY SUAREZ wrote:
>    I'm running a small newsletter in Telecommunications &
>Electronics at my University, and I want to know if there is
>something like the "dvitodvi", "ps2ps" or "psbook" utilities to
>shuffle pages and rearrange them in such a way that they are ready to
>print in a booklet format directly in PDF instead of PS. Actually I
>would use LaTeX or TeX and dvips, then run it through pstops and/or
>psbook and finally use ghostscript to convert it to PDF. This way I
>would miss all the hyperref and other features that I get using
>pdftex, so I would have to do the work twice for diferent formats
>and different distributions...

>    Any other ideas? I would thank you any help, or info on how to
>get done something like that in pdftex.

Anther possibility is to use the "full" version of Adobe acrobat.  It's
Distiller product converts ps to pdf directly.

-- W. R. Smith, PhD, P. Eng., Senior Scientist, Mathtrek Systems --
3-304 Stone Road West, Suite 165, Guelph, Ontario CANADA N1G 4W4
EMail: support at mathtrek.com       Tel:519-763-1356,FAX:519-763-4525
-Mathtrek Systems - Home of EQS4WIN Chemical Equilibrium Software -