[metapost] Metapost dashed evenly option affects lines in TeX labels -- possibly a bug?

Daniel H. Luecking luecking at uark.edu
Fri Jun 7 19:23:05 CEST 2024

I first encountered this some years ago. The solution is to turn off unwanted draw options when including a TeX formula that has rules in it (this includes fraction bars).

The explanation: the btex...etex group creates a picture which, in your example, contains a path that needs to be drawn (the fraction bar). When that occurs, the current draw options are used.

I seem to recall that some TeX rules are rendered in PostScript as filled rectangles, but many are stoked paths with a particular pen size.

Cheers,

Daniel H. Luecking [luecking at uark.edu]
Department of Mathematical Sciences
1 University of Arkansas