[metapost] An error message when use mptopdf: Undefined control sequence. \documentclass {article}.

Hongyi Zhao hongyi.zhao at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 15:57:48 CET 2007

On Sun, Feb 25, 2007 at 02:52:44PM +0100, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
[...]
> The functionality has been greatly reorganized and optimized in May
> last year. But since the developer doesn't use LaTeX and LaTeX users
> don't upgrade their TeX distributions (there is noone to blame since
> it is indeed a bit tricky to do so, and LaTeX users usually have no
> need to), this part remained untested until now.
>
> If you want a temporary solution, use
>
> verbatimtex
> \def\fett{\ss\bf}
> \def\mathcal#1{{\cal#1}}
> etex
>
> instead of what you have now and running
>    mptopdf zScaled.mp
> should suffice (no need to run mpost separately).

Thanks, this way works smoothly for me,
but how can I find a general way to solve
the other problems like this, such as:

If I want to input chinese characters in my fig by using, say,
Werner's CJK package, how should I write the corresponding
verbatimtex...etex block?

---
Hongyi Zhao (赵弘毅)
GnuPG DSA: 0xD108493B