[metapost] Re: [metafont] [question about metapost]How to make color text in boxes?

Taco Hoekwater taco at elvenkind.com
Sun Jan 23 15:39:33 CET 2005

Laurence Finston wrote:
> This is what _A User's Manual for MetaPost_ has to say:
>  "[...] the dotlabel statement.  This is exactly like the label statement
> except that it adds a dot at the indicated coordinates."

For the current situation, this should read:

   "This is exactly like a label statement that is followed
    by a statement drawing a dot at the indicated coordinates."

> Therefore, the difference in their behavior in this case seems like a bug
> to me.  Do you know about this already, Taco?

I did not but I do now. Would this help, or would it break some uses of
dotlabel?

@x
vardef dotlabel@#(expr s,z) =
   label@#(s,z);
   interim linecap:=rounded;
   draw z withpen pencircle scaled dotlabeldiam;
enddef;
@y
vardef dotlabel@#(expr s,z) =
   begingroup;
   interim linecap:=rounded;
   draw z withpen pencircle scaled dotlabeldiam;
   endgroup;
   label@#(s,z) % note: no final semicolon
enddef;
@z