[OS X TeX] pdflatexmk not running the first time

G. M.-S. lists.gms at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 20:21:12 CET 2022

Hi Herb.

Everything (TeXShop and TeX Live) is up to date.

After some experimenting, I think I found the conditions for this to happen.
1) In TeXShop > Preferences > Engine, add the option --shell-escape and
tick Shell Escape Warning.
2) Create a new file beginning with % !TEX TS-program = pdflatexmk.
3) Typeset it.  TeXShop will ask about using shell escape.  Whichever the
answer it will ignore the program to use.

It seems to me that on first typeset TeXShop puts a flag in the file saying
if shell escape is to be used or not, but then it forgets the !TEX
TS-program part.

Guillermo