[OS X TeX] TeXShop 5.00: HTML

Herbert Schulz via MacOSX-TeX macosx-tex at email.esm.psu.edu
Thu Aug 11 23:46:01 CEST 2022

> On Aug 11, 2022, at 4:29 PM, Murray Eisenberg <murrayeisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> When I install the html engine and insert a properly HTML-commented
>
> <!--
> % !TEX TS-program = html
> —>
>
> and click Typeset, I’m again getting your same sample document.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> (By contrast, TeX4ht seems to work OK.)
>
> And…WOW!!

Howdy,

I'm not sure I understand what you did. Is that comment the only thing in the document? Where did you put the comment? Is this html file displayable in Safari? How did you open the html file; I drag and drop onto TeXShop since double-clicking opens it in Safari.

I assume it's a typo but the comment should end with -->, not ->.

herbs2 at mac.com

TeX FAQ: https://www.tug.org/mactex/faq/index.html