[OS X TeX] MacOSX-TeX Digest, Vol 174, Issue 4

William Slough wslough at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 18:41:56 CEST 2022

Catherine,

Has something recently been changed on your computer? Perhaps a MacOS
update? Which version of MacOS are you running?

To confirm your collection of files has the content you expect (and not
empty), can you open a terminal window, move to one of the
folders/directories  (with an appropriate "cd" command) in question and
"cat" one of the .tex files? This should at the very least provide some
reassurance if you can see the content.

It sounds like you are experiencing some type of Unix-style permissions
problem ... which might be related to a MacOS update you recently performed?

By the way, once you get this problem resolved, you should investigate
using TimeMachine or some other similar backup mechanism to protect against
disasters.

Bill