[OS X TeX] OT: Big Sur 11.6 & Printer Queue

Richard Seguin riseguin at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 21 22:43:05 CEST 2021

I have 11.6 and a fairly old HP laser printer, and I just noticed that the printer icon is not disappearing from the dock either when there are no print jobs left in the queue. However, there is a Quit on a right click on the icon and it works. Another way to do it is to click on the icon as if to look at the queue and then do a quit from the menu.

A month or two ago I had to download updated HP print drivers from Apple because the old one works but throws up scary warning messages that the computer could be damaged if I proceeded (it didn’t, but it was annoying). I think Apple was forced to do this because HP seemed to be refusing to maintain print drivers for older printers and the HP website was no help.

Richard Séguin