[OS X TeX] CocoAspell (again)

Martin Wilhelm Leidig listwatch at moss.in-berlin.de
Wed Mar 3 21:02:41 CET 2021

Hi,

My trusty 17'' MacBook Pro (early 2009), running El Capitan, died for good. So I bought an external 1TB SSD drive, connected it to my wife's MacBook Air, installed Mojave (mostly because of CocoAspell since I was afraid it won't work beyond Mojave), and restored all stuff from the backup. I also installed MacTex 2020. Everything is working without a glitch, except spellchecking using CocoAspell.

This is what I tried:
- put the new aspell6-en-6.0-0 folder into /Library/Application Support/cocoAspell/ folder
- in Terminal.app: cd to that folder
- in Terminal.app: sudo make install

Earlier, for up to El Capitan, this was it, but now, after entering my admin password+Enter the reply was:

xcrun: error: invalid active developer path (/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools), missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun

So I went to the Apple's site and downloaded and installed Command_Line_Tools_for_Xcode_11.3.1

Then (still in  aspell6-en-6.0-0 folder)
- in Terminal.appl: sudo make install

After entering the password+Enter the reply was:

make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.

I have not a slightest idea what this means and what to try next.

Nice people, please help.

Best,
 Sime