[OS X TeX] TeX Live Utility 1.49 fails to update old TeXLive 2019 and leaves it unusable.

George Tourlakis gt at cse.yorku.ca
Sun Jul 11 03:03:16 CEST 2021

Richard, you are right.

I simply applied straightforward semantics to your earlier

> I wasn't paying attention to this thread earlier, but trying to make TeX Live 2019 work on Big Sur is a fools errand.

without parsing it for what you actually meant in the red passage. I thought it was clear. And I was (pleasantly) surprised
that notwithstanding all that 2019 does “work” on Big Sur.

But thanks for the elaboration below. I will see if I can ever get sufficient time, strength of will, skill, and patience to patch existing code that does
not work.

Cheers,
George