[OS X TeX] Adding TL'21 (pretest) to TeX Live Utility/texbin

Richard Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Fri Feb 26 11:14:45 CET 2021

Joseph,

To set up the full /Library/TeX/texbin, you should install using the MacTeX package. For the pretest, you can get the same effect by just creating a symbolic link /Library/TeX/texbin pointing to /usr/local/texlive/2021/bin/universal-darwin. Some things will fail this way: you cannot use TLU to switch to the old distribution, and TeXShop's new item leading you to TeX Live documentation won't work.

Eventually we will create a small install package which installs the full mactex data structure for folks who use the Unix installer, but for that you need to wait until the release of TeX Live 2021.

Richard Koch