[OS X TeX] Eps error

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Feb 3 00:06:29 CET 2021

> On Feb 2, 2021, at 3:52 PM, Themis Matsoukas via MacOSX-TeX <macosx-tex at email.esm.psu.edu> wrote:
>
> I am setting up a new Mac with latex but I get the following run time error when I compile a latex file
>
> (/Users/themis/Library/texmf/tex/latex/config/epstopdf.cfg
> /Users/themis/Library/texmf/tex/latex/config/epstopdf.cfg:1: Undefined control
> sequence.
> \ETE at prepend ->\PrependGraphicsExtensions
>                                          {.eps}
> l.1 ...{update,prepend,prefersuffix=false,suffix=}
>
> I should mention  that I copied the entire ~/Library/texmf folder from my laptop, which runs Tex Live 2019, while the newer computer is on Tex Live 2020.
>
> Themis

Howdy,

I put my epstopdf.cfg file (for automatically dealing with tif, tiff and gif conversion) in /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/tex/latex/config (and remember to run `sudo -H mktexlsr`). However it does appear it's being read in your personal tree.

There were changes in repstopdf for 2020 so you need to put

\RequirePackage{grfext}

at the top of the .cfg file. There are some other changes. I include a copy of my epstopdf.cfg file for your perusal: