[OS X TeX] change in behavior

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Thu Aug 26 19:06:40 CEST 2021

> On Aug 26, 2021, at 11:59 AM, Nitecki, Zbigniew H. <Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu> wrote:
>
> I am running TeXShop in OS 11.5.2 and this morning updated to the new version of TeXShop (4.67).
> I am two-button challenged, so I always set my mouse to single button mode and use the option and command buttons.
>
> My current book project uses hyperref and also has a .toc file for table of contents.
> Up until now, if I was on my table of contents page in the pdf of the book, if I command-clicked on an entry it would take me to the relevant page.
> For hyperref cross-references, a command-click would take me to the .aux file entry for that reference;  I would need to use option-click to get to the relevant page.
>
> After the changeover to TS 4.67, I found that command-click on an entry in the table of contents takes me to the .toc file, and option-click takes me to the relevant page.
> This is fine with me, it is more consistent.
>
> However, I now have an unwanted entry at the top of my title page.  When I click or option-click on it, nothing happens, but if I command-click on it, I am taken to an entry
> in my .aux file.  The relevan tline there is
>> \newlabel{dfn:\delta ^{*}}{{\M at TitleReference {23.3}{Definition of the Hausdorff Metric}}{403}{}{theorem.23.3}{}}
> What appears on the title page is
> 23.3403theorem.23.3
>
> The text entry (in the .tex file) which yields this is, I believe
>> \section{Definition of the Hausdorff Metric}\label{sec:Hausdorff}
>
> (The “\label" entry seems not to be the problem, but let me explain:  I use a system in which each label consists of a “type specification” (here, sec for section) followed by the particular reference label.
> When I want to call a refer to something, I use a macro I call \refer which has two entries—in this case, \refer{sec}{Hausdorff} which after an interpretation macro calls \ref{sec:Hausdorff}, but precedes it with the word “Section”.)
>
> I tried trashing my aux files and re-running the whole thing, to see if the unwanted title page entry was caused by something in the installation of TS 4.67.  The unwanted entry showed up only after \makeindex had been called,
> so it is something there.
>
> Any suggestions on how to eliminate the unwanted title page entry?  Or at least where to look for the problem?
>

> Zbigniew Nitecki

Howdy,

If you are using hyperref your toc has links to the items there already. You should just be able to click on on item in toc and go there.

Cmd-Clicking uses synctex to go to the location in the `source' file for that locations so going to the toc file seems correct.

Am I missing something here?

herbs at wideopenwest.com