[OS X TeX] Spell checking

Warren Nagourney via MacOSX-TeX macosx-tex at email.esm.psu.edu
Thu Aug 19 18:57:43 CEST 2021

I have the latest TeX installation on an M1 MacBook Air using TeXshop and spell checking doesn't work properly. I had set it to correct spelling and recently it started doing very annoying things like capitalizing the first letter in a line and other things I didn’t want. I then turned off spell correcting and still found it annoying to get nagged about spelling errors which were inappropriate in a LaTeX environment. I turned spell checking back on and now it doesn’t work anywhere - if I deliberately misspell a word, it is not flagged.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Warren Nagourney