[OS X TeX] BasicTeX.pkg confussion

Richard Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Mon Apr 5 18:26:55 CEST 2021

Folks,

> On Apr 5, 2021, at 9:08 AM, Javier Hornero via MacOSX-TeX <macosx-tex at email.esm.psu.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> If I point to
>
> https://www.tug.org/mactex/morepackages.html
>
> I can read
>
> ** Smaller Download **
>
> All Packages Below Require macOS 10.13, High Sierra, or Higher
>
> But, if I try to install BasicTeX.pkg, I see this:
>

> <PastedGraphic-1.png>
>
> As I’m under High Sierra, how can I install just the Basic TeX 2021package?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Javier

As Herbert pointed out, we need to fix the web page.

There is an easy way for you to install BasicTeX on earlier systems. Here it is:

	a) Use the Unix Install Script

	b) Just before installation starts, you'll get a window where you can set certain items.
	We tell you to change paper size from A4 to Letter if you live in such a country. This
	page has a button named "Advanced" on the lower-left side to make further
	changes. Click this button. One of these changes is called "Scheme" under "Selections".
	Change it to "small scheme". The "small scheme" is just
	Basic TeX, so select it. Don't change any other items except scheme and paper size.
	In particular, don't change the install location

	c) After installing, run TeXDist-2021.

Done.

Dick Koch