[OS X TeX] Announce: MacTeX-2021 Released

Richard Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Mon Apr 5 17:12:58 CEST 2021

Jurgen,

> On Apr 5, 2021, at 8:02 AM, Juergen Fenn <jfenn at gmx.net> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am also running 10.13.
>
> As I had not used the Unix installation before, I just would like to ask
> whether I will still be able to use TeX Live Utility for updating and
> for configuring my TeX installation? Can I use also us TLU for switching
> between more than one TeX distribution (MacTeX 2020 vs. TL 2021)?
>
> Thanks in advance and
>
> Best regards,
> Jürgen.

Yes. That is one reason Herbert and I would like people to use TeXDist-2021. It installs
precisely the same TeX Dist structure that MacTeX installs. The technique Axel used
probably also does enough to make TeX Live Utility work (I haven't checked), but
using TeXDist-2021 will guarantee that everything works.

Dick Koch