[OS X TeX] dvisvgm and ghostscript

Ettore Aldrovandi ealdrov at mail.math.fsu.edu
Thu Oct 22 23:04:09 CEST 2020

The quotes are probably not important, but Dick is right, this may not be a PATH issue at all, rather:

The library name could be incorrect, as it may depend on how ghostscript was installed. Actually, /usr/local/share is a strange location for holding shared libraries. On my system the location is:

	/opt/brw/lib//opt/brw/lib/libgs.9.53.dylib

Don’t mind the /opt/brw prefix and replace it with /usr/local. The library name is also different, which may be also an issue here. Taking this difference into account, I was able to run Dick’s example on one of my pdf files.

So, Doris, check for these differences and see if you can run Dick’s example then.

Then there is the separate question of which is the appropriate location for the shell variable to hold the library name to export to the environment. But that is a separate issue.

Hope this helps,

—Ettore

Ettore Aldrovandi
Department of Mathematics, Florida State University
1017 Academic Way                *   http://www.math.fsu.edu/~ealdrov
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4510, USA * * aldrovandi at math dot fsu dot edu