[OS X TeX] [OFF-TOPIC] python

Ettore Aldrovandi ealdrov at mail.math.fsu.edu
Tue Oct 20 23:47:12 CEST 2020

> On Oct 15, 2020, at 20:13, David Craig <dac at panix.com> wrote:
>
> I’m guessing something like homebrew is going to be the way to avoid that in the future, but I guess I’ll see what folks have to say.
>
> Anyway, thanks for any input!
>
> David Craig

Hello,

yes, I would go with HomeBrew. Or MacPorts, but I haven’t kept up with it. I have both the system’s python and one installed via HomeBrew (not that I use them much, though, but it’s useful for Jupyter). Then, if you use pip to install additional stuff, you can decide to install locally (i.e. in your home directory, for example) without disturbing either.

—Ettore

Ettore Aldrovandi
Department of Mathematics, Florida State University
1017 Academic Way                *   http://www.math.fsu.edu/~ealdrov
Tallahassee, FL 32306-4510, USA * * aldrovandi at math dot fsu dot edu