[OS X TeX] Setting TEXINPUTS/BIBINPUTS on Catalina

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Oct 18 14:51:03 CEST 2020

> On Oct 18, 2020, at 3:27 AM, Martin Costabel <costabel at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>
> On 18/10/20 10:09, Joseph Wright wrote:
>> I want to export
>>
>>     BIBINPUTS=~/Literature//;
>>
>> which I used to be able to do from my .bash_rc, but can't any more.
>
> Try .zshrc instead. The default shell on catalina is zsh.
>
> --
> Martin

Howdy,

I think it's ~/.zprofile. I believe you can get it to source your .profile by putting the line

[[ -e ~/.profile ]] && emulate sh -c 'source ~/.profile'

in a ~/.zprofile file. If you were using a ~/.bash_profile you can copy it to ~/.profile or change the line.

Personally, I'm most familiar with the bash shell so I made it my default. You then get an annoying notification that you should change to the zsh but there is a link which gives you a command (I don't remember what it is since you need only run it once) to get rid of that message. Aaahhh... back to familiar territory.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)