[OS X TeX] About TeXShop 4.50

Richard Koch koch at math.uoregon.edu
Sat Nov 14 20:33:33 CET 2020

Folks,

1) TeXShop 4.50 has an old bug when run on Sierra and High Sierra. The source window believes it extends under the line number field, so text can become hidden. The bug does not occur on Mojave and higher.

I modified the web page to indicate that 4.50 now requires Mojave or higher and I modified the Sparkle mechanism to only offer it to users running Mojave or higher. Version 4.44 is on my web page and will always remain there for older machines. If you are on Sierra or High Sierra and upgraded, I recommend  going to my page and downloading 4.44.

	https://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/texshop/texshop.html <https://pages.uoregon.edu/koch/texshop/texshop.html>

2) One user reported trouble with OgreKit. This is a third-party project which has not been updated in the last two years. By default, TeXShop uses the Apple Find Bar and I recommend that method, which can be set in TeXShop Preferences.

3) One user could not change the Font in the Console. This is a bug which only affects some localizations and has been fixed in version 4.51, to be released soon.

Richard Koch