[OS X TeX] hyperref problem

Ross Moore ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Wed Jun 24 00:58:06 CEST 2020

Hi Zbigniew,

On 24 Jun 2020, at 1:20 am, Nitecki, Zbigniew H. <Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu<mailto:Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu>> wrote:

Undoubtedly, but that goes way beyond my understanding of how the system works.
Can you point me to a guide (for Dummies) on how to troubleshoot something like this?

Simplest is to put
  \listfiles
anywhere within the LaTeX preamble.

Then you will get a neat listing of all the packages and files, with their versions and dates,
listed at the end of the job, within the .log  file and Console window.
Being near the end, it’s easy to scroll up a bit until you find it.

Alternatively you need to scan the top of the Console/log for the full path to each file,
written to the .log as it is opened. It’s not so convenient doing this, as the formatting
and (lack of) line-breaking is not so user-friendly.
Also, some files are read multiply, so there’s a lot more noise doing it that way;
but it does have the full path information.

Hope this helps.

Ross

Zbigniew Nitecki
Department of Mathematics