[OS X TeX] help me read this

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Jun 22 17:03:56 CEST 2020

> On Jun 22, 2020, at 9:39 AM, Nitecki, Zbigniew H. <Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu> wrote:
>
> The MacTex documentation specifically states that Bibdesk and TeX Live Utility are not included, because they have not been updated for notarization.
>
> Zbigniew Nitecki
> Department of Mathematics
> Tufts University
> Medford, MA 02155
>
> telephones:
> Office    (617)627-3843
> Dept.    (617)627-3234
> Dept. fax    (617)627-3966
> http://www.tufts.edu/~znitecki/
>

>> On Jun 22, 2020, at 10:32, Marc Larcher <marc.larcher.tenor at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> My guess is that it’s already installed, inside the TEX folder in Applications.
>>
>> Le lun. 22 juin 2020 à 16:28, Nitecki, Zbigniew H. <Zbigniew.Nitecki at tufts.edu> a écrit :
>> Thanks.  I guess I’ll have to learn how to download TexLive Utility first.  :-)
>>

>> Zbigniew Nitecki
>> Department of Mathematics
>> Tufts University
>> Medford, MA 02155
>>
>> telephones:
>> Office    (617)627-3843
>> Dept.    (617)627-3234
>> Dept. fax    (617)627-3966
>> http://www.tufts.edu/~znitecki/
>>

>>> On Jun 22, 2020, at 10:07, Richard Koch <koch at math.uoregon.edu> wrote:
>>>
>>> Zbigniew,
>>>
>>> To switch back to the older TeX, use TeX Live Utility. In the Configure menu, select
>>>
>>> Change Default TeX Live Version
>>>
>>> You will see a list of versions of TeX on your machine, with the active one indicated in the list.
>>> Switch to a different version. It can take a second or two for the switch to register. Done.
>>>
>>> Richard Koch

Howdy,

MacTeX-2020 doesn't install TeX Live Utility (TLU) by default but you may already have it from your 2017 installation. It should check for updates when you start it up. You can download 1.36 at <http://amaxwell.github.io/tlutility/> if necessary.

If you download it place it in /Applications/TeX and Double-Click it to start up. If you're running macOS Catalina you'll get a scary message in a dialog box but DON'T do that; dismiss the message. Then Ctl-Click the applications icon to get the Contextual Menu and choose the Open there to get another dialog box that allows you to Open the application. From then on it will open properly.

Once TLU starts up just follow the directions. This will get all the packages updated. Then try to typeset again.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)