[OS X TeX] sagetex use from TeXShop

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Jun 14 18:30:59 CEST 2020

> On Jun 14, 2020, at 10:49 AM, Richard Koch <koch at math.uoregon.edu> wrote:
>
> Murray Eisenberg and others,
>
> Thanks for the "saga of Sage". It will add to the description of Sage in the Engine folder the information that the program must be renamed BEFORE it is used. This will be in version 4.45, but release of that version won't occur until I see the developer release of the next system.
>
> Dick Koch

Howdy,

I just figured out how to look at the log and, indeed, SageMath is using its internal python3 and it does seem to understand where to find it. I see many lines in the log that look like the original initialization of libraries, etc., that look like

patching /Applications/SageMath.app/Contents/Resources/sage/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/zmq/utils/config.json

so it does know the name was changed to SageMath.app.

PS: it also is NOT using my anaconda python3 as I suggested before.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)