[OS X TeX] sagetex use from TeXShop

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sun Jun 14 13:49:27 CEST 2020

> On Jun 14, 2020, at 5:13 AM, Doris Behrendt via MacOSX-TeX <macosx-tex at email.esm.psu.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> perhaps go to https://ask.sagemath.org/questions/

Howdy,

When I searched for ``rename SageMath app'' I got one that mentioned TeXShop. The main point was that once you make the symlinks you can no longer move the SageMath app to a different location. Remember that symlinks are NOT the same thing as Apple's alias which do follow moves.

> I also had some hassle installing it this year; check that you install the >>app<<, not the other offered mac-download link.

Yes, you do have to make sure you download the latest version with a name that ends in .app.dmg.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)