[OS X TeX] TeXShop 4.31: confusion about Tags & Index menus
murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 21:49:42 CEST 2019
The Changes.pdf document for TeXShop 4.31 has on its first page an item beginning “There is a minor change in updating the Tags and Index menus.” I’m confused about two aspects of this change:
(1) I have no Index item in either the main program menu bar or in the source editor toolbar (which is set in Icon Only mode).
- If I use Customize Toolbar, I see no Index item to add to the toolbar. (I do already have the ColorIndex item in the toolbar.)
- In TeXShop’s Preferences menu, I don’t find any any place on any of its panes to add an Index item to the program’s menu bar.
(2) I do have the Tags item in the program’s menu bar, and the Tags icon in the source window toolbar.
The Changes document recommends _not_ having the Tag [sic] menu in the menu bar and the toolbar set in Icon Only mode (which I’m already using) or Icon and Text mode.
- But how does one remove the Tags menu from the menu bar? I tried removing the Tags icon from the source window toolbar and restarting TeXShop. But still there’s a Tags item in the main program menu bar, even though, of course, there’s now no Tags icon in a source window toolbar.
Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101 Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667 Mobile (413)-427-5334
----------- Please Consult the Following Before Posting -----------
TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/
List Archives: http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tex.macosx
TeX on Mac OS X Website: http://mactex-wiki.tug.org/
List Info: https://email.esm.psu.edu/mailman/listinfo/macosx-tex
More information about the macostex-archives