[OS X TeX] LuaTeX/LuaLaTeX?
Gray, Gary L
euler at psu.edu
Tue Dec 24 00:30:36 CET 2019
I turned in final grades this afternoon, so I had a few minutes with less than a mountain of stuff to do. David Craig's message prompted me to spend that few minutes digging into LuaTeX. I now kind of understand what it brings to the table, but I am having trouble with a few of details that are important to me. I know the following.
(1) I should not load inputenc -- my source should just be UTF-8.
(2) I should not load fontenc or textcomp and I should load fontspec.
(3) I should not use any package that changes fonts and that I should use fontspec's commands to do so.
With this in mind, I have a few questions.
(1) I know squat about fontspec and the documentation is 70 pages, so what fontspec commands should I be aware of?
(2) I know I can use all my TrueType and OpenType fonts with LuaTeX, but almost all my documents have a lot of math, so how does it set the math if use, say Optima or Charter, as my main font?
(3) The most important question of all -- is there a up-to-date resource that I can go to that is something like "LuaTeX for LaTeX Users" or "Getting Started With LuaTeX"?
All the best and Happy Holidays!
----------- Please Consult the Following Before Posting -----------
TeX FAQ: http://www.tex.ac.uk/faq
List Reminders and Etiquette: https://sites.esm.psu.edu/~gray/tex/
List Archives: http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tex.macosx
TeX on Mac OS X Website: http://mactex-wiki.tug.org/
List Info: https://email.esm.psu.edu/mailman/listinfo/macosx-tex
More information about the macostex-archives