[OS X TeX] Latex symbol for "define equal"

Martin Berggren martin.berggren at cs.umu.se
Tue Aug 21 14:58:46 CEST 2018

Regarding the difference between a theorem and a definition: In the words of my thesis advisor: You cannot argue with a definition. (It should be said with a french accent!) A definition can be nice, practical, useful, or impractical, unnecessary, confusing, and so on, but it cannot be true or false. A theorem, however, is true.

Cheers,

> On 21 Aug 2018, at 14:48, Markus Klyver <markusklyver at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Depends, literature tends to use the definitions interchangeably depending on what aspect is important to subject.

Martin Berggren
Department of Computing Science,
UMIT Research Lab
Umeå Universitet
Campustorget 5, S-901 87 Umeå, Sweden. Ph: +46-70-732 8111
http://www.cs.umu.se/~martinb <http://www.cs.umu.se/~martinb>, Martin.Berggren at cs.umu.se <mailto:Martin.Berggren at cs.umu.se>