[OS X TeX] Latest Test Versions of MacTeX and BasicTeX [was: Re: MacOSX-TeX Digest, Vol 103, Issue 8]

Richard Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Wed May 25 15:45:17 CEST 2016

Jurgen,

Thanks for this reply. We really appreciate all comments, even
when we cannot carry them out!!

MacTeX is a collection of software from various sources,
conveniently packaged. I’m not the author of TLU, although
I certainly encouraged the author to include the ability to
switch between various distributions. Suggestions for TLU
changes should go to Adam Maxwell.

We have never “uninstalled” previously installed software.
I believe the Preference Pane can be obtained directly from
Jerome Laurens. If we remove it, how do we know if we are
removing the copy we installed, or a copy the user obtained
directly. Since the Leopard TLU cannot switch distributions,
we’d at any rate have to leave the Pane for Leopard Users.
I conclude, for the sake of simplicity, that we should leave it
alone, particularly since users can easily remove it themselves.

The most recent install packages for pretesting are complete,
so no updates are available or needed.

Dick Koch