[OS X TeX] hyperlink in beamer class

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Jan 11 16:02:25 CET 2016

> On Jan 11, 2016, at 8:51 AM, Manfred Braun <manfred.braun at uni-due.de> wrote:
>
> Thank you, Jean-François and Herb,
>
> maybe the problem is that I don’t use pdflatex. Since I am using the pstricks package very often, I need the detour dvi -> ps -> pdf. About my installation, I just update TeXShop regularly and nothing else. Do I have to invoke the TeX Live Utility in addition? I shall try.
>
> Best regards,
> Manfred
>
>> On 11 Jan 2016, at 16:02, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On Jan 11, 2016, at 6:12 AM, Manfred Braun <manfred.braun at uni-due.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> <test.tex>
>>
>> Howdy it also seems to work fine here; i.e. always jumps to the second slide.
>>
>> What TeX distribution are you using? If you installed MacTeX-2015 (which installs TeX Live 2015) use the TeX Live Utility to make sure you have all the updates that have been introduced since initial publication of the package.
>>
>> Finally, are you sure you are processing the file multiple times? It needs at least two, but three is better, runs of pdflatex to get the cross-references correct. I use the pdflatexmk engine to do that automatically.
>>
>> Good Luck,
>>
>> Herb Schulz
>> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Howdy,

I just reproduced your problem when I compiled with latex (latex->dvips->ps2pdf) rather than pdflatex. You should report this to the texlive list; go to <http://www.tug.org/mailman/listinfo/tex-live> to leave a message. If you don't join the list say so in your message so folks can write directly to you.

TeX Live Utility updates your TeX Live distribution (e.g., packages, etc.). Updating TeXShop only updates TeXShop and not your TeX Live distribution.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)