[OS X TeX] hyperlink in beamer class

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Mon Jan 11 17:24:13 CET 2016

Le 11 janv. 2016 à 16:02, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> a écrit :

>> On Jan 11, 2016, at 8:51 AM, Manfred Braun <manfred.braun at uni-due.de> wrote:
>>
>> Thank you, Jean-François and Herb,
>>
>> maybe the problem is that I don’t use pdflatex. Since I am using the pstricks package very often, I need the detour dvi -> ps -> pdf. About my installation, I just update TeXShop regularly and nothing else. Do I have to invoke the TeX Live Utility in addition? I shall try.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Manfred

>>> Howdy it also seems to work fine here; i.e. always jumps to the second slide.
>>>
>>> What TeX distribution are you using? If you installed MacTeX-2015 (which installs TeX Live 2015) use the TeX Live Utility to make sure you have all the updates that have been introduced since initial publication of the package.
>>>
>>> Finally, are you sure you are processing the file multiple times? It needs at least two, but three is better, runs of pdflatex to get the cross-references correct. I use the pdflatexmk engine to do that automatically.
>>>
>>> Good Luck,
>>>
>>> Herb Schulz
>>> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)
>
> Howdy,
>
> I just reproduced your problem when I compiled with latex (latex->dvips->ps2pdf) rather than pdflatex. You should report this to the texlive list; go to <http://www.tug.org/mailman/listinfo/tex-live> to leave a message. If you don't join the list say so in your message so folks can write directly to you.
>
> TeX Live Utility updates your TeX Live distribution (e.g., packages, etc.). Updating TeXShop only updates TeXShop and not your TeX Live distribution.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Hi Manfred, Herb,

indeed original source has a problem with dvips+ps2pdf route,
but I wonder if code is legal. I am not familiar with beamer, but
in standard hyperref uses, I would use \hyperref[label]{text}
to create a link to a LaTeX-label, and \hyperlink would be use
with \hypertarget.

Anyway, after looking a bit inside beamer doc I cooked up the
following which seems to compile fine both with pdflatex
and latex+dvips+ps2pdf

\documentclass{beamer}
\begin{document}
\begin{frame}
\hypertarget<2>{threeitems}{}
  \begin{itemize}
  \item<1-> First item.
  \item<2-> Second item.
  \item<3-> Third item.
  \end{itemize}
  \onslide<1,3->{\hyperlink{threeitems}{\beamergotobutton{Jump to second slide}}}
\end{frame}
\end{document}

best

Jean-François