[OS X TeX] Full screen split view with TeX and pdf on El Capitan

Luis Sequeira lfsequeira at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 13:02:55 CEST 2015

Hi

Maybe this has been discussed already, but this feature seems to work reasonably well to create a non-distracting environment for TeX-writing - just hold down the green dot on the source window, place it on the left, and then select the pdf window to have it on the right.

You get a full screen split view with only your tex source and your pdf output - zero distractions.
In my limited testing, it seems to work pretty nicely - except for the console window. I had it set to appear always, and this way we get an ugly switch out and immediately back into full screen.
I just changed the preferences so it only appears when an error occurs. I can live with that.

I think I will use this quite a lot. What do you think?

Luis Sequeira