[OS X TeX] Bibtex alias

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Mar 27 13:50:56 CET 2015

> On Mar 27, 2015, at 7:45 AM, Alessandro Languasco <languasc at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Well Herb,
>
> you are right but, if I'm not wrong, in fact the library directories are wiped out
> when you perform a clean installation of the os. So maybe we should also suggest to
> people that this texmf directory located in the libraries folders should also be
> backed up  together with other (standard) user directories.
>
> bests,
> Alessandro Languasco
>
>> On 25/mar/2015, at 16:09, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>>

>>> On Mar 25, 2015, at 10:00 AM, Alessandro Languasco <languasc at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> hi all,
>>>
>>> I usually insert a symlink to my .bib file in any folder
>>> containing a scientific paper I'm writing. This work nicely.
>>>
>>> best regards
>>> Alessandro Languasco
>>
>> Howdy,
>>
>> Why when there is a location you can place the bib file so TeX automatically finds it. If it's a personal bib file place it in ~/Library/texmf/bibtex/bib. If it is to be used by multiple users of your system place it in /usr/local/texlive/texmf-local/bibtex/bib (and run
>>
>> sudo mktexlsr
>>
>> giving your admin password when requested to let TeX know that texmf-local was changed).
>>
>> Good Luck,
>>
>> Herb Schulz
>> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Howdy,

What do you mean by a clean install? Do you mean that your are formatting the HD and then installing the OS? Well, then yes since everything is removed. A normal install of an updated OS does NOT do anything with the Library folders and would NEVER touch your personal folder in /Users.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)