[OS X TeX] Bibtex alias

Richard Koch koch at uoregon.edu
Fri Mar 27 15:12:03 CET 2015

Alessandro,

The location ~/Library/texmf is not touched when upgrades are made
to TeX, by either MacTeX or the TeX Live installation script. I’m certain
of this because I make MacTeX.

Moreover, OS X upgrades don’t modify ~/Library, or at least don’t
modify folders the OS didn’t install.

Both Unix symbolic links and use of ~/Library/texmf are reasonable
solutions for your problem.

Dick Koch