[OS X TeX] Reproducible bug in TS 3.42

Themis Matsoukas tmatsoukas at icloud.com
Wed Sep 24 21:40:44 CEST 2014

On Sep 24, 2014, at 2:39 PM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:

> Gather all the information you can and send it to Dick Koch. As I said, I can't reproduce the problem. The closest thing I get when I run your example above is that when I clean up and then re-typeset the document the rectangular selection is still there and I can't remove it or make a new selection. I'm still able to edit and typeset.

Herb,

I am able to typeset too. But the fact that the rectangular area is still present, is a clue. Out of curiosity, what happens if at this point (after you’ve returned to the PDF with the rectangle area) you close your source file (it is important to NOT quit TS), then open it again? In my case I get a mess (see screenshot). And, yes, I *can* typeset, even with this mess:  the console runs, a new PDF is produced (though in TS it looks garbled) and if I open in preview.app it looks just fine.

By the way -and contrary to my previous report- if I change “Image Copy Type” from PDF to PNG, none of this happens: the rectangle disappears as soon as I copy the area and everything runs smoothly. The problem seems to be tied to the selection tool.

Themis

PS: No retina here.