[OS X TeX] Reproducible bug in TS 3.42

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Wed Sep 24 19:15:36 CEST 2014

On 24/09/14 18:55, Herbert Schulz wrote:

> On Sep 24, 2014, at 11:29 AM, Martin Costabel <costabel at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
[]
>> One data point that might be important: This is on a powerbook with 15" retina screen.
>>
>> --
>> Martin
>
> Howdy,
>
> Just as an outside thing to check (I don't have a Retina display---iMac and MacBook Air). I thought it was possible to ``turn off'' the Retina display. Don't understand how that would change things but…

I don't know how to switch it off. I tried different screen resolutions,
no difference.

The quickest way I am using to see the bug is: Make a rectangular
selection in the preview window using the select tool. Then fold the
preview window using the yellow button (or close it with the red
button). That's it. TeXShop unusable.

There are events in the console when this happens, and the CPU usage of
TeXShop can go to 100%. Console says:

Sep 24 19:09:52 TeXShop[487] <Warning>: *** Assertion failure in
-[OverView lockFocus],
/SourceCache/AppKit/AppKit-1265.21/AppKit.subproj/NSView.m:7041
Sep 24 19:09:52 TeXShop[487] <Warning>: -[OverView(0x6000001dee10)
lockFocus] failed with window=0x7fcdc1e64b70, windowNumber=-1, [self
isHiddenOrHasHiddenAncestor]=0

plus some longer backtrace that I can reproduce if someone wants it.

--
Martin