[OS X TeX] New Pretest Versions

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Mon May 26 19:07:06 CEST 2014

I just installed mactex-20140524.pkg on a mid-2011 iMac running OS X 10.9.3, where mactex-2013 was already installed.

Three questions:

(1) Should TeX Live Utility still be Version 1.17, dated Oct 29, 2013? That's all I find.

(2) When I open that app, it complains that the selected Repository is for 2013, whereas I'm using TeX Live 2014. Is there some repository to which I can point just for testing purposes (not that there would be any updates to packages yet)?

(3) Should the version of TeXShop.app be 3.36.1 still?

Issue, related to (2) above:

I tried TeXing a book and am getting some "Font not found" fatal errors that I don't get if I change back to TeX Live 2013. I presume the cause is that updmap hasn't been run yet by TeX Live Utility, since I couldn't do anything with it given the repository mismatch.

What should I do as a work-around until such time as I can get a legitimate TeX Live 2014 repository URL and update, which causes updmap to be run automatically?

Note that my local texmf tree is ~/Library/texmf.  Hence I don't want to mess things up by entering the wrong command (updmap vs. updmap-sys) as the wrong user (me vs. su) at the command line in order to update what TeX knows about my local fonts.

On 24 May 2014 08:40:55 -0700, Richard Koch <koch at math.uoregon.edu> wrote:

> A possible final build of TeX Live was created last night. I just uploaded
> four files to the pretest server, and these will filter to mirror servers
> later today:
>
> 	mactex-20140524.pkg
> 	mactex-20140524.pkg.md5
> 	mactex-basictex-20140524.pkg
> 	mactex-basictex-20140524.pkg.md5
>
> All have the latest PrefPane for Mavericks, and new builds of pdftex
> and asymptote from yesterday.
>
> Test installs on a wide variety of machines would be most welcome.

---
Murray Eisenberg		murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
503 King Farm Blvd #101		Home (240)-246-7240
Rockville, MD 20850-6667	Mobile (413)-427-5334