[OS X TeX] Update to 10.9.3 & Applescript TeXShop Macro

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri May 16 18:25:05 CEST 2014

Howdy,

I've used an Applescript Macro in TeXShop to remove auxiliary files for many years. I like it because it's easy to edit and adjust the list of extensions to remove. Unfortunately it is Applescript which, all too often, seems to change syntax. That usually only happens with major OS updates, e.g., OS X 10.8->10.9, but now I'm seeing a problem with my update from OS X 10.9.2->10.9.3. I get a spinning wheel when I execute it and occasionally an error about not finding .tex.

I know we have some Applescript experts on the list and wonder if they could take a look at the macro and see if they can analyse and fix the problem.