[OS X TeX] Contents of MacTeXtras

Juergen Fenn schneeschmelze at googlemail.com
Fri May 2 21:29:10 CEST 2014

> I really need and appreciate input to help make the decision.

Dear Herb,

what comes to my mind is whether we need MacTeXtras at all?  You are
right in saying that these are really huge amounts of data. I suggest
to give up MacTeXtras and to replace it with an option in TeX Live
Utility to install those programmes on demand so that everyone can
decide by himself whether he wants to have them on his system. I have
never used MacTeXtras because I have installed most of these
programmes separately anyway.

Apart from that, still running OS X 10.6.6 for while I would
appreciate if you carry on supporting 10.5 and 10.6.

Regards,
Jürgen.