[OS X TeX] LuaTeX and fonts

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Fri May 31 17:23:37 CEST 2013

On 31.05.2013, at 17:06, Simon Spiegel <simon at simifilm.ch> wrote:

> On 31.05.2013, at 16:39, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE> wrote:
>

>> Am 31.05.2013 um 15:26 schrieb Simon Spiegel:
>>
>>> I tried 'export OSFONTDIR=~/FontExplorer\ X:$OSFONTDIR' in the terminal. I also added 'OSFONTDIR = /Library/Fonts//;/System/Library/Fonts;$HOME/Library/Fonts; ~/FontExplorer\ X' to /usr/local/texlive/2013/texmf.cnf
>>
>> Use ~ only in a shell that understands this! You need to change the ~ to $HOME as used exemplarily before.
>
> Unfortunately that didn't help. luaotfload-tool seems still to ignore it.
>
> The strange thing is this: When I use 'export OSFONTDIR=~/FontExplorer\ X:$OSFONTDIR' luaotfload-tool finds the additional directory, but this only works while the Terminal session is running. When I close and reopen it, again luaotfload-tool ignores it.
>
> Is there maybe a problem with the space in the directory name?

Indeed. Renaming the directory to FontExplorerX seems to have helped. luaotfload-tool now finds the fonts immediately.

Now I have to find out why certain fonts still aren't loaded …

Simon
--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 6039

http://www.simifilm.ch

„Goethen getroffen. Beeindruckt.“ Unbekannt