[OS X TeX] hyperref package in thesis

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat May 25 15:24:31 CEST 2013

On May 25, 2013, at 7:35 AM, Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:

> On May 25, 2013, at 3:43 AM, Bridget Kane <kaneb at tcd.ie> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your suggestions. However, I haven't resolved the issue.
>>> \hypertarget  and  \hyperlink  didn't work
>> and neither did
>>>
>>> \ref (to link to a \label)
>>
>> Here attached are the necessary files and the .pdf generated.  (Please keep identifiable details private - but I cannot figure out how to send you .cls without the logo bit.)  I cannot figure out how to send you the necessary information for compiling without sending the files (!)
>>
>> Note in the pdf that the table of contents are in red and link work.
>> I used the 'abstract' definition to define my terms and I want to refer back to that page from other parts of the document.
>> Using the \href, the labelled words are red and look like real links.  I would like to achieve this effect - where labelled words defined are always linked back to the definition.
>>
>> I not an expect with Latex - I try to find a template of someones and adopt for my own use.
>>
>> Any help would be sincerely appreciated
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> Bridget
>
> Howdy,
>
> Try
>
> <abstract.tex><management.tex>
>
> Also, please only quote the part of the messages that concerns your question.
>
> Good Luck,
>
> Herb Schulz
> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)

Howdy,

Two more things... the hypertarget is very tight so the first line is usually just above the top of the displayed page. You can move the \hypertarget to just before the previous \\[...] command but remember to add an empty brace pair, {}, since it takes two argument.

Second is that the ``Abstract'' is really a set of acronyms so why not use the glossaries package which is able to create acronym tables and active links?

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)