[OS X TeX] TeX performance: SSD vs ATA on MacBook Pro

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.de
Sun Jul 28 23:43:30 CEST 2013

Am 26.07.2013 um 23:30 schrieb Chris Lott:

> This article seems to be more on target with consumer level drives?
> http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ssd-reliability-failure-rate,2923.html

Yes, this sounds "more real". But it is based on theory completely (in theory rotating disks are much more reliable than in real life). I can read the same in the PR from the manufacturing companies. OK, I would need my pocket calculator too.

Let's discuss this in 2020! Then it might be time for my next (last?) laptop. Then SSDs will have gone through the bathtub curve. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bathtub_curve. More or less practically.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Theory and practice are the same, in theory, but, in practice, they are different.