[OS X TeX] Initializing New OS

Charlie Ros5e ros5e at odorf.us
Sun Jul 28 00:38:57 CEST 2013

Gentlefolk,

I've been using my MacBook with Snow Leopard and TexShop 2.xx for a long time. Now I've bought a new Mac with Mountain Lion, and I'm going to initialize/populate it using my Time Machine MacBook backup disk. I'll continue to use the MacBook occasionally as it is, but I'll have to update TexShop to 3.yy on the new machine – and therein lies my question. How should I do that? Should I try to first erase the 2.xx installation … or … should I just download the current 3.yy version, and install it where 2.xx now lives? Or something else?

I have a gnawing feeling that this simple question has already been discussed and answered, and if that's true I apologize. I'm more swamped this summer than I've been in years! Moving from the U.S. to Germany ain't easy.

With many thanks …
Charlie Rose
Oberaudorf, Oberbayern, Deutschland

Out of Date Web Site:  http://www.ros5e.com
PGP Public Key:           Temporarily Unavailable
Homo Sapiens are intelligent enough to
destroy almost all life on Earth …
but not intelligent enough not to.