[OS X TeX] biber and biblatex
herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Jan 26 14:39:58 CET 2013
On Jan 26, 2013, at 7:33 AM, Scot Mcphee <scot.mcphee at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah thanks Herb.
> Updating the packages and running mktexlsr (tex live had some error to do with this so I ran it again) has fixed it.
> On 26/01/2013, at 23:16 , Herbert Schulz <herbs at wideopenwest.com> wrote:
>> On Jan 26, 2013, at 6:49 AM, Scot Mcphee <scot.mcphee at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I probably have updated through texlive but I can't be sure.
>>> This is the output of running "latexmk" over the file on the command line. I have attached a test bib with a single entry and the test tex file that makes this output in a zip.
>> Hmmm... I have no problem compiling this document using the pdflatexmk engine in TeXShop. I've added a \listfiles command so I can see the biblatex version. I'm using biblatex 2.5 (from the \listfiles output on the Console) and biber 1.5 (from the biber output on the Console---you're using biber 1.4). We're both using latexmk 4.35 so that is one variable that is the same.
>> I see that you are using TeX Live 2012 from the path to packages on the Console. If it's TeX Live 2012 installed by MacTeX try to use the TeX Live Utility, in /Applications/TeX, to update to the latest versions of software.
>> Good Luck,
>> Herb Schulz
>> (herbs at wideopenwest dot com)
The biblatex package and biber are changing quite often are developed in parallel and are very sensitive to having the correct versions of both items so they work properly together. Thank goodness that recent versions have all worked properly with latexmk; early changes would kill latexmk's ability to detect that biber was to be used, etc.
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)
More information about the macostex-archives