[OS X TeX] compile with the '-recorder' option

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Apr 15 20:41:58 CEST 2013

On Apr 13, 2013, at 10:52 AM, Alain Schremmer <schremmer.alain at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am using
>
> 	\usepackage[abspath]{currfile}
>
> and here is the relevant part of the doc:
>
>> If required also the absolute path and directory of the current input file can be
>> provided. This feature is implemented by the sub-package currfile-abspath
>> which is automatically loaded by the abspath option. The absolute path in-
>> formation are read from the ‘\jobname.fls’ file produced by the ‘-recorder’
>> compiler option (i.e. compile with ‘pdflatex -recorder file.tex’). Without
>> this compiler option a warning is produced and the related macros stay empty.
>
> Sure enough, I am getting the following (non-fatal) error message:
>
>> Package currfile-abspath Warning: The required recorder file (.fls) was not found.
>> (currfile-abspath)                Please compile with the '-recorder' option.
>> (currfile-abspath)                Note that MikTeX requires two compiler runs.
>> (currfile-abspath)                Occurred on input line 278.
>
> What, and how, do I "compile with the '-recorder' option."?
>
> Baffled regards
> --schremmer
>
> P.S. Just in case: I am now running TeXLive-2012 under 10.5.8 (PPC) with TeXShop 2.47.

Howdy,

What engine are you using? If you are using a recent (sorry, I can't tell you when it changed) latexmk engine, e.g., pdflatexmk, the recorder option is automatically added by latexmk so the .fls file is automatically created.

If you are just using pdflatex go to TeXShop->Preferences->Engine->pdfTeX->Latex and add the option `--recorder' (without the quotes) to the end of that line amking sure there is a space between it and the previous option.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)