[OS X TeX] Computer Modern in a Mac program

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Oct 29 10:10:31 CET 2012

Am 29.10.2012 um 04:40 schrieb Doug McKenna:

> Hence my interest in knowing precisely what's different
> in Latin Modern as compared to Computer Modern.  Or for that matter the
> CMUnicode fonts you mentioned earlier.

FontForge might reveal details… and also reading the TeX (and METAFONT?) documentation. What I do remember is that the TFM files (those containing the TeX Font Metrics) contain dimensions for text use and additional ones for math use. Therefore it does not work well to use a simple text font for maths – it misses some dimensions. Differences are particularly horizontal and vertical space.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Typography exists to honor content.