[OS X TeX] TeXShop label completion.

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed May 30 03:18:36 CEST 2012

On May 29, 2012, at 7:59 PM, Michael Welsh wrote:

> The label completion is TeXShop doesn't play nice with the subfig package.
>
> In it, I use \subref*{label} to get the label I want, and label completion doesn't work, I just get the OS X "here's some weird dictionary that doesn't include the word you want" thing.
>
> Also, sometimes (I'm not entirely sure when), when I press esc, instead of the labels being shown, I get to ``tab'' through a list of environments. I have a feeling it has something to do with one character only in the currently used label, say \ref{c<esc> and it does "center" instead of a nice list of labels starting with c.
>
> And my labels say "(BibDesk)" even when they're internal references.
>
> Oh, I'm using 3.10 with TL2012-pretest.
>
> I think that's all. :)
>

> Michael

Howdy,

That doesn't surprise me. I expect it only understands some small number of \ref-like commands (maybe \ref and \pageref) and I'm not sure it can be extended. I'd guess the best thing to do is to use \ref and, after getting the completion change the command. Sigh…

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)