[OS X TeX] LaTexMk (was My files on DropBox)

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat May 19 22:36:23 CEST 2012

On May 19, 2012, at 3:22 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> There are a couple of things I do not understand about LaTeXMk
>
> (1) Because I am pretty bad at LaTeX, I typeset very, very often, just so that, when I make a mistake, I don't have to undo a long way back to catch the mistake. But then of course LaTexMk doubles the compilation time and so I would like to be able to turn it on and off depending on what I am doing.
>
> (2) When I activated LatexMk, it did indeed appear in the popup menu right of Typeset but it was unchecked. Yet, it seems to be doing its thing. But wouldn't that have to be the switch? When I checked/unchecked LatexMk in the popup menu it did not seem to make a difference.
>
> Regards
> --schremmer

Howdy,

To see if it will compile using a single pdflatex run try simply using the Typeset->LaTeX (Shift-Cmd-L) menu item (I assume you have `Pdftex' checked rather than `TeX and DVI'). Changing the choice on the popup list won't work since the

% !TEX TS-program = pdflatexmk

line in the root file will override that choice.

(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)