[OS X TeX] pictures in plain TeX

Ross Moore ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Thu May 10 06:22:59 CEST 2012

Hello Juan,

On 10/05/2012, at 2:16 PM, juan tolosa wrote:

> I have just installed MacTeX, and it is wonderful. I have a question about pictures. How do you insert a figure in Plain TeX
> using MacTeX? Previously I used TeXtures in my old mac, and the command looked like
> \special{picture figure27 scaled 400}
> I also tried PCTeX in a PC, and the command was something like
> \special{bmp: figure27.jpf  y=2in}
>
> What is your advice for inserting pictures in Plain Tex, using MacTex?

\input miniltx.tex

then you can

 \usepackage{graphicx}

just as you would using LaTeX instead of Plain.
Then you have all of the syntax for  \includegraphics .

Not every LaTeX package works seamlessly this way, but
many of the "base" LaTeX packages have been programmed
to do so, not being dependent on other LaTeX structures.

> Thanks,
>                    Juan Jose

Hope this helps,

	Ross